Why is Proxy the Western Carolina and Upstate South Carolina leader in home watch and management services?
Proxy is the leader for several reasons:
- The most experienced – since 2006
- Unlike our competitors who provide home watch as a secondary service, Proxy’s business is home watch and management.
- The largest – 6 employees and approximately 50 current clients.
- The best-trained staff.
What services do you provide?
Proxy specializes in home watch and concierge services for second-homeowners of high-end residential real estate in Western North Carolina and Upstate South Carolina. Since 2006 our focus has been on serving homes that are not rented out and located in some of the most exclusive developments and locations in the region. We are the area’s only choice for these types of homes. Currently, we care for properties valuing over $90M in aggregate. Please see our Service page for more information.
How does Proxy charge for services?
Clients are charged a monthly subscription for our services. Vendor charges under $1000 are passed through Proxy with no markup. Vendor charges over $1000 incur a 20% project management fee.
How much is the basic Proxy service?
Pricing is customized to the home and client needs. Contact us for a personal home evaluation.
May I have you do less and pay less?
Some home watch and maintenance service items are optional, but most are not. Our experience over the years has shown us that positive results come from a consistent approach to the service. Every house receives a customized rate, fitting the client’s and house’s needs.
Do you arrange lawn care services?
Yes, this is one of the maintenance services provided via one of our preferred local vendors.
What specific home watch services do you provide?
Here’s an abbreviated sample of what our home watch services include:
- Check the home and its systems every week inside and out
- Look for signs of small issues that may show up so that they don’t become big ones (pest, water leaks, etc.)
- Look for potential threats to the home (trees, weather, neighborhood activity)
- Make sure the house looks lived in (lawn mowed, flyers and trash removed from lawn, mailbox emptied, set light timers)
- Make sure all systems are working (heat and air, plumbing, electrical)
- Prepare home for client arrival & shut down the home after departure
- And much more.
Click here for more information
What home maintenance services do you provide?
Everything a home needs, from gutter cleaning to window washing to lawn mowing. A recommended maintenance plan specific to your home will be provided once the home management service is started.
Do you arrange maid service?
Yes, we have several preferred home cleaners available as needed or on a regular basis. You can view more information here.
Why do clients use your service?
Here is a quick list of examples of where Proxy has provided value to homeowners:
- One prospect turned into a client after receiving a $500 water bill for a running toilet.
- One client left the house back door open when leaving town resulting in the house temperature dropping below 40 degrees and 1 inch of snow in one room. We found the open door within 24 hours.
- A client on Town Mountain has had carpenter bees, mice, and fly and ant issues in the past two years; all were identified and eliminated by us before becoming major issues.
- Several clients have left town forgetting various things (jewelry, power cords, clothes) that we promptly sent to them.
- Many many more examples can be provided.
Why don’t I just use my neighbor or ask my housekeeper to check the home?
While housekeepers, neighbors, and friends often agree to check on the properties, they don’t always have the ability to recognize the early signs of problems or the time to do an extensive inspection while you’re away. They also won’t have the time tested tools and experience to make sure an inspection is done properly and completely each and every week. Nor will they have the experience to help resolve problems that are found. Finally, they won’t be insured for the liability you pass along to them.
By using our professional home watch service, you’re going to discover problems that are small before they get too big.
What reports will I get and how?
Every week an email from your Personal Home Manager is delivered with a list of any issues that were found and any assigned tasks that were completed. Also, recent/dated photos are attached. These reports go into detail on the status and activities at the house that Proxy observes and is involved with.
Who does the property checks?
You are assigned a Personal Home Manager, who will be your primary contact and who will be delivering your weekly report. In addition, Proxy is a team, and we work as a unit, ensuring that our diverse talents are used to ensure our service is delivered at a very high level. We pull in other team members as needed to provide the results you deserve.
How do you save me money?
- Our professional home watch service will save you money by helping you lower utility costs and avoiding potentially expensive damage to your home.
- Thermostat management – This will add up, in many cases cutting your annual cost in half
- Shared vendor discounts – With over a decade of relationship building, we have negotiated discounts with our preferred vendors that are passed onto, you, our clients.
- Avoiding the big insurance claim – typically caused by water damage
- Avoiding vandalism
- Proxy manages your mail saving the cost of a forwarding service
Are you insured?
May I use the service for less than a year?
Yes, but the minimum time period for using our services is 7 months (but may be less depending on the location of the home). This is because of the time and resources needed to learn details of the house and property and how to care for it.
May I send packages to the house?
Yes, but most clients prefer to send packages directly to our office for re-delivery to your home. There is no extra charge for reasonably sized packages. Please reach out to your Personal Home Manager for the appropriate address.
Do you handle setting up utilities?
Yes, we can assist with the initial scheduling and installation of utilities. In addition, as your agent, we can receive and pay monthly bills.
Do you provide general contractor services?
Yes, if needed, we have a resource that can be referenced. Our founder is a licensed General Contractor.
How did the business get started?
Our founder, Phil Murphy, was looking for a way to leverage his engineering skills but stay local and connect to the area and the people who make the Western Carolinas the best place on Earth to live.